Private Limousine tour of The Hidden Heartlands
€350 for a party of 3 guests
Maximum: 3 guests
Duration of tour: 5 Hours
Price includes admission to Clonmacnoise & Birr Castle
A private day tour by road, taking in the beautiful Lough Ree, the peaceful country side where the famous
writer Oliver Goldsmith grew up. A guided tour of the world famous 6th
Century monastic site of Clonmacnoise. A visit to Birr’s 12th. Century Anglo Norman castle. See the
1845 Great Telescope. Check out a visit to the bog. Finally a visit to Ireland’s oldest pub, Sean's bar in Athlone for a pint of Guinness or some of Sean's own whiskey.
A trip on this route is outlined below:
Depart: 8.30 am - Athlone or at a prearranged location.
1. Goldsmith Country – Where Oliver Goldsmith spent 15 years of his childhood, and which had
a strong influence on his writings - Glasson . Harmony Hall, The Pinnacle (The dead centre of
the island of Ireland), St. Canice 6th century monastic settlement, and the alehouse The Three
2. Dun na Si Heritage Park
3. Ballinahown Craft Village
4. Clonmacnoise – Guided Tour – 1 ½ Hours at this site.
5. Birr Castle, Gardens & Science Centre – 1 Hour at this site.
6. Lough Boora Discovery Park
7. Seans’ Bar - Farewell drink at Irelands oldest bar.
Can you collect us from our accommodation?
Yes, we collect you and drop you off at your door.